♥ Footprints in my heart ♥

Many people walk in and out of our lives, but only true friends leave footprints in our hearts. This post is dedicated to the many people that i've met during my 5 years of medical school and left a footprint in my heart that will last forever=).





To my dearest ex-roomie and best friend wai cheng, I am always thankful that God put you in my life. It's amazing how we can get along so well despite the differences we have..haha.. to quote some here, I like sweet and you like salty; I like white choc and you like dark choc, I like slow songs and you like upbeat songs and many many more=).. But actually if you come to think of it, we do have a lot in common, we're both pampered girls at home and the typical selangorian who will go home almost every week..haha.. Thank you for the wonderful memories, i will never forget the times we go out for dinner and shopping together, the times in klang where we always buy a lot of gui ling gao from the pasar malam uncle, the times we had heart to heart talk, the times where we spent in your room practicing short cases and having discussions with each other nearing exams.. And aww, how could i forget the pathognomonic feature of wai cheng, the times where i have to wait for you to lock the door only to open it again after a few seconds because u have forgotten something..haha.. I will definately miss those times and more importantly miss you my dearest bestie!!


To my dearest study group mates, Shyan Ling, Si Lei and Yee Mang, thanks for offering me a place in the group. I didn't really had a study group back then because I'm scared that i couldn't cope with the extra commitments, but I am really glad that I chose to join u all, wouldn't have been able to make it without all of u. I would never forget the times we spent at dining hall and CD block study room every week, short cases practice sessions in the wards, intensive courses nearing study week, the final discussions in the TV room and not to forget the times we when out " makan" and sing k together. To Si Lei and Yee Mang, my kuliah mates and best friends since matriculation days, we used to talk about how hard it is to get into medicine back then and when we were in the course, we always talk about how hard it is to get through the course but we've finally made it together!! Of course not forgetting my extended study groupmates, Mok, Chiew, Kean Sim and King Yen, thanks for all the input and sharing and the happy times we had together. To Mok, my scrabble mate, it was really nice to have someone who shares the same interest and i guess this was one of the few non-academic activities that I get to join as a medical student.



To my dearest ex-housemates, thanks for the wonderful times in UT during 2nd year. It was an experience that I would never forget, having a place where I can call my 2nd home. Remember how we used to eat breakfast together and enjoy making garlic bread, then rush like mad to get to class on time? ( haha.. and how i will have to keep up with your paces because u guys walk to fast and i always miss the traffic light!!). And the times we will sit watching tv together while eating our catered food or food from Mak Ungku and how we enjoyed standing at the balcony to just watch people swim and enjoy the night view..these will remain as sweet memories in my heart that i will always treasure=)



To my dearest group 3 comrades, it was a pleasure to have you guys as group mates. I can really feel the togetherness in us and i'm really proud to be in this group. We have our very own mini birthday celebrations every 3 months and every member of the group gets a birthday card during their birthday; this is something that i've seen only in our group so far. The days in Banting were fun; thanks for sharing your rooms with me so that i can have a place to take a nap in the afternoons, thanks for sending me back home after classes so that I don't need to trouble my dad. To Ijah, thanks for being such a great friend; a friend who understands my language when i talk about Korean's We Got Married =), a friend who knows my secrets, a friend to gossip around when i'm bored and a friend to accompany me when i'm alone. To lala, i will miss your laughter and innocence. To TC, you've been such a considerate and brilliant group mate, you have taught me a lot. There's just so many people including those in group 4 i couldn't possibly mention all the names here, but you know who you are and i'm happy we have the chance to learn together.



To my dearest wonderful churchmates, Alex and Sheen, I believe it's God's way of uniting us together that we ended up going to First Baptist Church in PJ. We have evolved over the years (haha.. i know the word is a bit funny, but couldn't come up with a better word). In our 1st year, we walked to church with umbrellas and because it can take almost half an hour, we have to depart early and sometimes walk in the rain. During 2nd year, a church member offered to fetch us there and we've upgraded into becoming passengers. Then, both of u have cars and we ended up driving ourselves to church ( well, i'm honoured to be ur faithful passenger=p). Even our choice for makan places were upgraded =p; instead of the usual Ipoh chicken rice and wan tan mee, we get to go other places to eat. I will always miss FBC and the lunch outing we have after church. Sheen, that famous pose u have at church will always be in my memory XD.




To my beloved buddies, it's my greatest honour and priviledge to join your buddyline. I've gained a lot along the way and as i learned from my seniors, I also learned to give to my juniors. Thank you for the buddyline stuffs and soft copies which were really of great help to my studies;thank you for all the free meals too=). To Michael, it's your turn to lead the buddyline and i trust that u will be able to take care of the other buddies as well as excel in your studies. To all the other little buddies, take care and do keep in touch, till we meet each other in convo later!!



To my dearest and one of my closest friend in UM, Chung Kai, thank you for helping me in many ways. You've been my computer consultant all along; from helping me choose the best laptop to installing all the latest stuff for me and solving all the technical problems all for free. Thank you for the times you call me out and accompany me for dinner although you already had your dinner earlier on. Chatting with you on facebook keeps me away from boredom when i'm alone in the room=). Honestly, you're really one of the nicest guy i've met!! I got an sms from one of the senior Charles years back and I really like what it says, so I want to share it with you. It says " Life might have many struggles but you're a child of God. There's tremendous hope for you because God has invested in you and He will not abandon the work He has begun". So, never give up and always have faith, I believe you will be able to achieve your dreams.


To another close friend of mine, Suet Woon, I will always remember you and all the good memories we had together. Thank you for trusting me as a friend. Always remember don't be too overstressed and anxious about everything, just do your best and leave everything to God.

To all my fellow MBBS 2005/2010 batchmates, thank you for all the wonderful memories. It has been a great walk throughout this 5 years with all of you. There's just so many of you i couldn't possibly write about all but just to let you know that though your names were not personally mention, it doesn't mean that you were any less important to me. To those who made it, congratulations once again and may we all honour the pledge we made and have a great career ahead. For those who didn't make it this time, keep fighting on!! It doesn't make you less a batchmate,you are still very much a part of us and we will all remain as the MBBS 05/10 batch. My prayers will always be with you all.


13 comments :

  1. ...leaving footprints here... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice 1 calyn.. gonna miss ya
    was wondering when the graduation song would play by these few weeks, finally heard it here

    ReplyDelete
  3. er, just wondering.. th,are u tsun haw?? sorry if it's a wrong guess, but can't really recall any other names except that..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I likey x 10000000! 1st part x999999999999. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. its that our one and only complete housemate photo?? and dun have mei jin... lol.

    nice post and song. i almost cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eliz.. i think it is one of the more complete ones..haha..should photoshop mei jin in..lolx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice~~gonna miss u and the time we had together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. calyn...thanks for being a nice friend...gonna miss u!! and i still rmb i owe u a treat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope u once thought about me in ur post... XD
    follow the track n visit me in my blog la!

    ReplyDelete
  10. calyn,thanks 4 everything..i almost cry ad c ur blog....is so much meaningful ....2day,i c ur blog repeatedly..dunno y hv so much feeling!!miss u so much ,gal.n all my friends of mbbs 05/10,i miss u all too.i missed the moment we together....

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm glad that u all like my post.. like i say, i'm gonna fill this blog with memories, memories of u guys will remain a part of me.

    mok, how can i forget the treat.. if jadi our trip, the belanja at sg k =p

    sunflower, u are??

    ReplyDelete
  12. calyn,suddenly sooo misssss d life of crp we together...work,chat n play together.and every sharings that we had during that time...i ever ever hope that can go back to good past time....unfortuntely seem like totally impossible!the sweet memory that we had together will always be embedded in my heart...

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews