Slow and Safe or Fast and Efficient??


Haven't been updating my blog for so long, but just feeling like writing an entry today. Is it better to be slow and safe or fast and efficient?? I am currently working in an environment that needs me to be fast, safe and efficient. But sadly i can't seem to keep up with everyone's pace. I am a very indecisive person, so that really slows me down in many things. Day in, day out, i need to decide things like when do i start an IV drip, or when do i off it, or whether or not it's safe to discharge a patient. A lot of things will be going through my mind. What if after i decide to off drip, patient gets dehydrated and becomes worst?? What if when i decide to discharge a patient home, his condition worsens at home and he is readmitted again?? For that reason, i will be extra careful and will look into a lot of details and after much consideration, then i would decide on what to do or write. I don't want to screw up because it's my patient's life and also my future at stake. I don't want to go home worrying if what i did just now was correct or not just because i did things in a rush. But because I am slow, others have to do more and i really feel bad about that. I always offer to do more but my colleagues are very nice people and we have very good teamwork, so they will always help finish up what is left. I am so sorry that i am slow. I am so sorry that you all have to do more than you have to. I am also trying my best to keep up the pace and to work faster. I may be slow, but i am willing to learn and improve. I just need more time and I hope you all can understand. Responsibility, credibility and competency; being in this profession u need to have it all. It's really hard for me. I can't see my future now, just trying to survive as each day comes.. Trying to search my soul..Trying to stay alive and keep my patients alive..

3 comments :

  1. The first time is always the hardest. Once you overcome it, you will be fine. You will get used to it one day and I am sure you can do it. In times like this, just remember to seek God. I am sure He will be there helping you always :)Good luck and God Bless!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. "SLOW & STEADY WINS THE RACE"....this proverbs so vividly lingers on our mind each time we couldn't do something right.
    I understand your worries, I understand the situation you got to face each day for you are my daughter, I just understand you too well. You are one person who always take a lot of things into consideration before you come to a decision. You want to be very sure before you want to commit. And especially in this profession, you can't afford to make mistake cos' this is playing with a patient's life.

    But in this world, nothing is certain, nothing is perfect and nobody can guarantee anything. A doctor would not guarantee that he can cure his patient, he will try his very best to save the patient applying all the knowledge that he knows. There is always a little risk but without trying, how would he know it would work?

    Guess you don't have to worry too much, just do your best, you'll be guided all along the way. It shows by the nice colleagues you have and the good teamwork you all have. They are your guardian angels sent by God protecting you in every way. So just do your very best and the good thing is you are willing to learn and improve, that's a good sign cos' practice makes perfect and in no time you would find that everything go smoothly with the flow.

    Be positive, I always believe you can do it. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really good to hear that u have a good team of ppl and teamwork because that's really hard to come by. ;) It really is a blessing. All the best, and keep writing cos there're lotsa ppl who wanna "phat" er....I mean know about ur life. hahaha. I pray through all this u will find your niche and calling. Miss ya loads, but i bet u knew that already

    ReplyDelete

 

Total Pageviews